Rezūm™ Water Vapor Therapy
Natural alternative to surgery that treats BPH and helps you get back to your life.
Seeking lasting relief from BPH symptoms?
What is BPH
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or BPH, is a condition in which the prostate enlarges as men get older. While BPH is a benign condition and unrelated to prostate cancer, it can greatly affect a man’s quality of life. As the prostate enlarges, it presses on and blocks the urethra, causing bothersome urinary symptoms.
BPH Symptoms Include
- Frequent need to urinate both day and night
- Weak or slow urinary stream
- A sense that you cannot completely empty your bladder
- Difficulty or delay in starting urination
- Urgent feeling of needing to urinate
- A urinary stream that stops and starts
Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy is a safe, natural alternative to surgery.
Treat the cause of your BPH by reducing prostate tissue so you can get back to your life.
What is Rezūm™ Water Vapor Therapy?
Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy treats the source of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) using sterile water vapor, or steam. Over time, the body’s natural healing response absorbs the treated tissue, shrinks the prostate, opens the urethra, and reduces BPH symptoms.
Why Rezūm™ Water Vapor Therapy?
How It Works
During each 9-second treatment, sterile water vapor is released throughout the targeted prostate tissue.
Over time, your body’s natural healing response absorbs the treated tissue, shrinking the prostate.
With the extra tissue removed, the urethra opens, reducing BPH symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. McVary KT, Rogers T, Roehrborn CG. Rezūm water vapor thermal therapy for lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia: 4-year results from randomized controlled study. Urology. 2019 Apr;126:171-9.
2. McVary KT, Gange SN, Gittelman MC, et al. Minimally invasive prostate convective water vapor energy ablation: A multicenter, randomized, controlled study for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol.